Pages

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Catching Up with Trevor & The Crew


Trevor and The Crew have been busy traveling all over the U.S. for our With You All the Way! USO Tour, and we've seen some great military kids! So far this year, we have visited thirty elementary schools and youth centers, enjoying the opportunity to speak with over 12,500 kids. Coming up next quarter we will visit schools in Georgia, Virginia, Washington D.C, and Washington State. 

Here is what people are saying! 

"My experience with Trevor Romain over the past three days would qualify as the first time that I feel the word profound, in my professional experience.  The event at our school was a powerful experience that allowed the students to hear, see and feel the experiences that Trevor shared. The students returned to school today still speaking of a story or experience they heard Trevor share yesterday.  One child, whose single father is deployed and mother is deceased, went home and told his grandfather he missed his dad.  The grandfather took a picture of Dad and alongside the picture wrote the words 'My Hero, My Dad' for the child to use as a journal cover so he could be close to his father.  This is just one experience immediately following Trevor’s visit. Thank you to the USO for providing this needed resource for our school that over the years has ranged from 65 to 80% military dependents." Principal, North Carolina

"As a parent of a well adjusted 24 year old son you would never think that this one little news story would have so much of a profound effect on me but last night's story on WLOX had me in tears and my really making my heart ache in a way that I thought I would never feel again. You see when my son was in the seventh grade he started having problems in school and I noticed that he was always sad. One day there was an altercation at school and I was called in to talk with the staff. Alex was being bullied. Part of the thing that hit me the hardest was that these kids.... were bullying him about his dad serving in the military! To keep the long gory details to a minimum, they were taunting him and telling him that his dad was going to die a bloody death during his (at the time) upcoming deployment to Iraq. This little boy kept all this buried, having nightmares, being bullied everyday to protect his mom. I wish there had been a resource like this back then but now there are more." Mother, Mississippi

"Thank you, what a wonderful resource! The students absolutely LOVED the assembly and they really HEARD the message! I was so happy to hear some of the things they shared with Mr. Romain.  Thank you so much from our Faculty and Staff for delivering such an important message and for making our kids feel important!!! What a gift!" Counselor, Texas


The With You All the Way! USO Tour is an engaging presentation led by Co-Founder, Trevor Romain. The presentation, emphasizes the importance of caring for one another and developing valuable strategies for dealing with the unique challenges of military life. To learn more about the tour watch the trailer video today!

No comments:

Post a Comment